JOB PURPOSE: To provide a high quality, professional reception and administrative service to patients, doctors, staff, colleagues, health service professionals and others. To act as the first point of contact for patients contacting the Practice and to portray the Practice in the highest possible professional basis. To ensure that enquiries from patients are efficiently and courteously handled to the mutual satisfaction of the partners and patients
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Greet patients and visitors to the practice.
2. Book in, amend and cancel patient appointment in line with practice appointments procedures ensuing optimum efficiency of the appointment system.
3. Ensure that patients without appointments but who need 'urgent consultations’ are booked into appropriate slots and referred to a GP where necessary.
4. Receive and accurately record requests for home visits, assessing urgency in accordance with the Practice’s protocols. Print off home visit summary sheets.
5. Ensure computerised appointment system is up-to-date.
6. Respond and/or redirect all patient and visitor requests accordingly.
7. Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and temporary residents, ensure procedures are completed.
8. Set-up of new patients on to the computer system.
9. Advise patients of relevant charges for private services, accept payment and issue receipts for same.
10. Produce repeat prescriptions according to practice procedures and ensure
You will learn how to use NHS online systems and all aspects of working in a busy medical practise. As you will be one of the main points of contact for our clients, you will learn the basics of customer service and the use of our diary management system
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
Educated to National 5 English as a minimum, self driven and interested in pursuing a career in this sector. Confident and pro active with the ability to work on your own initiative.