ABP Food Group
An opportunity has arisen for a Business and Administration with Health and Safety Apprenticeship in a busy Perth based food production company.
We are looking to recruit someone to support the Health and Safety Manager in providing administration/operational support on matters concerning health and safety at work. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate looking to build a career in this area.
The MA will learn the following key skills:
- working in a busy food production facility
-Support the Health and Safety Manager in the delivery of the company’s health and safety plan
- Undertake office-based work and health and safety administration such as completing paperwork, writing documents and procedures, updating noticeboards, filing, maintaining employee training records and organising and attending safety committee meetings
- Assist the Health and Safety Manager in the completion of accident statistics, reports and information as and when required by the business
- Assist with raising health and safety purchase orders and order PPE equipment and first aid supplies
- Support Managers with site Covid 19 requirements
- Support Managers with the identification of training requirements, deliver audiometry testing for New Starter Inductions and appropriate health and food safety training as required by the business, Health and Safety Legislation and Food Safety Regulations
- Attend other sites as required to support work on real operational projects and pre-delivery inspections on any new/second-hand equipment
- Contribute to the identification, assessment and recording of hazards and risks in the workplace, and providing feedback on the findings to the Health and Safety Manager and local management teams
- Work closely with other Departments to develop and document Safe Systems of Work, conduct inspections and complete audits of the safety procedures
- Reporting all health and safety issues or near misses to the Health and Safety Manager and local management team
- Supporting with the coordination of first aid and fire marshal teams and all matters relating to fire evacuation, precautions and other emergency matters
- Supporting accident, incident and near miss investigations
- Keep up to date with new legislation and other safety information
- Ability to promote a positive attitude towards health and safety matters
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you have gained the relevant skills from your previous placement.
We also require the following:
• Good IT skills and computer literacy
• Good written English comprehension
• Good analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication, ability to prepare written reports and present data analysis
• Good interpersonal skills
NAT 4 or Equivalent in Maths and English
The candidate should be of good character, be punctual, methodical, accurate, and able to work to deadlines, be prepared for a challenging physical day’s work as part of a team to achieve daily goals. Must have a genuine interest in developing skills in a busy warehouse and have excellent communication skills, A positive, "can do" attitude is required as well as career focus and self-motivation
A thorough and structured approach to work
A keen eye for detail, an interest in learning how a business really runs, must be smart and presentable.
Must work well as part of a team
The successful candidate should be health and safety aware.