Under the direct supervision of the Storeman this position provides warehouse support with a variety of clerical and customer service activities and related tasks for the Wallyford warehouse, whilst working towards achieving the Modern Apprentice Warehousing and Storage qualification at SCQF level 5.
To be a key contact for all operatives, staff and suppliers of R3.
To assess, allocate, reallocate and process as necessary all works instructions and orders to operatives.
To assist in ensuring that all materials are ordered, processed, receipted, stored and issued in line with R3’s policies and procedures.
To liaise effectively with key personnel to ensure that procedures work well in practice and are implemented.
To assist with the management of R3’s vehicle fleet, including maintaining the insurance cover, dealing with accident reporting and managing replacement vehicles
EXAMPLES OF TYPICAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Ensure correct implementation of all procedures.
• Contribute to the development and review of procedures.
MATERIALS AND SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
• Manage material requests for all clients
• Deal with queries from the Operatives
• Assist with the processing of orders for materials from R3 staff and operatives
• Assist the Storeman in the managing of the stores in and out processes, including maintaining the relevant stock systems.
• Liaise with suppliers regarding delivery dates and communicate these to the relevant members of R3 staff.
• Assist with administering the electronic data transfer system.
• Liaise with colleagues to assist with the development of the company.
• Maintain appropriate performance monitoring systems.
• Monitor Contractors’ Performance in line with contractual obligations and prepare reports as required by R3 management.
• Assist the R3 Management team with the management of the fleet, including maintaining the insurance database, updating the master data, liaising with our supplier regarding accident reporting and replacement vehicles.
• Identify areas for improvement in discussion with R3 colleagues.
• Assist in the administration and continual daily maintenance of the job costing/invoicing system, including closing jobs and ensuring the accuracy of time/material allocated to each works order
• Provide info as required to ensure accuracy of the Job Costing and Invoicing System
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• Assist the H&S Consultant and Contracts’ Managers to administer and maintain health and safety procedures/processes as required.
• Liaise as required with sub-contractors, suppliers and consultants.
• Maintain effective filing systems within R3 to allow easy retrieval of information.
• Attend relevant training as required especially in relation to the Modern Apprentice Qualification
• Carrying out other duties commensurate with the post as required by R3 Management.
• Ensure that the letter and spirit of our Equalities and Diversity policy is observed in all respects and at all times.
• To assist with work of other Group Companies in time of pressure.
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
Equivalent to National 4/5 in English and Maths
Candidate must be willing to work hard and have good attention to detail.
• Good numerical skills
• Customer Service
• Positive outlook
• Team Player
• Excellent time keeping
• Ability to problem solve and use your own initiative
• Good Planning skills
• Good Communications Skills