Fairmont St Andrews
Join one of Fairmont St Andrews Apprenticeship Programmes. A fantastic opportunity has arisen at the Fairmont St Andrews – we are currently seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our team. We are looking to recruit for our fantastic two year professional cookery apprenticeship programme. The programme has been designed for dynamic individuals who are passionate about providing engaging service.
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
You will also become competent in completing the following job duties
* Product knowledge and raw materials
* Process of vegetables, fish, shellfish, meat, poultry, game, soups and sauces
* Process of ice cream, frozen goods, chocolate products, garnish, decor, hot & cold dessert, mousse, creams, basic pastry production, dough making and baking
* Storage of food and storage procedure
* Handing dangerous equipment
* Gaining awareness on chemical, cleaning material, deterging and PPE
* Handling and storage of Chinawear and glasswear
* Understanding and applying the Standard Operation Procedure and P&P in the operation
* Anticipating food safety within the operation
* Working as part of a team
* Participating in breakfast and dinner service
* Understanding how to manage "The Pass"
* Build communication skills
We are looking for individuals with a passion for hospitality and who have;
• A desire to learn and grow in hotel operations
• Excellent communication skills programme
• An enthusiastic and vibrant personality
• Willingness to take direction and work as part of a team
• Motivation – the drive to develop your career within the industry
• Legal eligibility to work in the UK
No formal qualifications are required.