Peter Vardy BMW Edinburgh
You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
BMW and MINI occupy an enviable position in an ever changing automotive world. Our products are recognised worldwide for their quality, technology and performance, and we have a Retailer network reflecting these high standards.
If you're passionate about cars, technology and teamwork, then why not consider kick-starting your career with us at one of our pioneering retailers?
We are on the search for talented and enthusiastic individuals who are ready to take on the challenge of working with us as an apprentice.
You will be working in a busy BMW/MINI workshop environment, where you will be responsible for maintaining and repairing motor vehicles to the high standards of the BMW/MINI brand.
The course is unique to BMW with a special emphasis on electronics and cutting edge technology; your training will include the opportunity to work on the latest cars, engines and BMW diagnostic equipment. This will ultimately lead to the ability to undertake:
• Repair activities on vehicles to the highest standards
During the time spent at your Retailer, a mentor will be allocated to oversee the work-based learning programme. A BMW representative will also visit on a 12 weekly basis to set performance targets and ensure any development needs are being met.
As well as employment in our Retailer, you will be given the training and support you need to develop both personally and professionally.
Training takes place at The BMW Group Academy based in Wokefield Park near Reading. We use a combination of classroom based training, e-learning, practical training and application of learning. You will be guided by your trainers and personal mentor along to the road to success.
This Apprenticeship combines off-the-job training with on-the-job learning and you will be supported every step of the way.
On successful completion of the three year programme you will receive:
• Level 2, progressing to Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (VRQ)
• Level 2, progressing to Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (VCQ)
• Level 3 Award in Automotive Refrigerant Handling (EC842-2006)
• 2 x Apprenticeship Completion Certificates (at L2 & L3)
• Level 2 Award in Employment Rights & Responsibilities (ERR)
• BMW specific certifications
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate skills in logic and problem solving. You will have good manual dexterity, be able to pay attention to detail and be committed to completing the apprenticeship.
Desired personal skills
Some of the key personal skills that we look for in a candidate are:
• A keen interest and enthusiasm for automotive vehicles and the industry as a whole
• To be honest and trustworthy with a willingness to learn
• A positive attitude and work ethic, with high level of professionalism
• To be able to work effectively as part of a team in a busy workshop environment, as well as having the capability to follow instructions and work individually
Applicants must have or be predicted to achieve Scottish National 5 Grades A - C or above in English, Maths and either a Science or Technical subject.
'Equivalent' grades include:
• BTEC first diplomas and certificates
• OCR Nationals
• Key Skills Level 2
• Functional Skills Level 2
• Essential Skills (Wales)
• Core Skills (Scotland)
Applicants are required to have, or predicted to obtain, GCSE (or equivalent) Grade A*-C / 9-4 in:
• ICT (or one other subject if candidate did not take ICT).