You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
Leonardo’s four year Graduate Apprenticeship specialising in Procurement is looking for people who understand the importance of communication, who are able to work well as part of a team and also on their own initiative. You will have the drive and commitment to work through difficult problems to find the right solutions.
You will study at the University of Strathclyde for completion of a BA (Hons) Business Management through a mixture of work based learning, distance learning and day release at University. The degree is designed to meet the criteria for Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
We need people who understand the importance of our customers and are ready to commit to working in the business, whilst also committing to a 4 year degree programme. At the end of the programme, you will work as a highly qualified member of our Procurement community involved in a variety of world leading products.
During your Programme, you will be exposed to and involved with the management of the full range of Indirect Procurement Categories within Leonardo, including; HR, Facilities Management, Utilities and Professional Services. work with a great team of Procurement Professionals across the UK who will support and coach you as you begin your Procurement Journey within Leonardo, in conjunction with your adjacent Business Management studies.
Leonardo values people that look to always develop throughout their career and along with an eager willingness to learn, a successful apprenticeship with Leonardo involves a drive to deliver results, sometimes from your own initiative, a patience for problem solving, as well as a need to comply with safety instructions and clear process compliance at all times. We view commitment to the programme and learning objectives very highly.
Note: This Apprenticeship assumes the candidate has little professional procurement experience and is NOT suitable for candidates who already have a business-related degree.
During the programme, you will be required to spend up to one day a month at University. You will:
• Years 1 & 2 - Learn the fundamentals of business analysis & technology; organisations & the contemporary business environment; governance, ethics & corporate social responsibility and understanding business finance & financial services
• Years 3 & 4 – Study modules specific to your role in Procurement including project management; business law & contracts; negotiations & procurement
• Develop business knowledge, skills and behaviours
• Practice the full procurement lifecycle
We are looking for an ambitious individual who is results focused, shares a passion for problem solving and shows high learning agility. We view commitment to the programme and learning objectives very highly.
Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance. Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as “SC”) for our business.
You must have (as a minimum) the following qualifications:
• 4 Higher Grades (or equivalent): BBBB
• Mandatory: Mathematics & English
• Preferred: a business related subject
• Standard Grades (1-3) / National 5: (A-C) in English (or equivalent qualifications to Highers / Standard Grades).