You will be responsible for carrying out all materials handling operations within a branch accurately, efficiently and safely
Observing company standards and providing a high level of customer service at all times. Demonstrating commitment and enthusiasm to the business with a good working knowledge of the operation
Reporting to the Warehouse or Operations Manager
Key relationships externally with Customers and supplier drivers and internally with the Operations Manager and Branch employees
Customer Service and Performance:
• Ensures a high level of product knowledge
• Checks that quality and accuracy of goods are delivered against purchase orders and delivery/advice notes
• Reports and documents if goods are damaged or whether discrepancies have occurred with deliveries
• Labels and catalogues goods as required, as well as booking goods in using Encon systems
• Picks goods accurately from order documentation
• Securely packs and labels goods going out to customers and other branches
• Safely loads all goods onto vehicles ensuring that the relevant paperwork is completed and included
• Advises of shortages or low stock levels when appropriate
• Participates in stock takes as required
• Carries out requirements of Environmental waste streaming in a timely manner
• Acts in a courteous, polite and professional manner with all customers and colleagues
• Promotes a high level of customer service by ensuring correct materials are provided efficiently
• Checks that the customer is satisfied and whether if anything further is required
• Performs tasks safely within stipulated service level agreements
Warehouse Operative job profile March 2018
• Ensure you are familiar with health and safety rules and regulations, and that your responsibilities as an employee, in respect of health and safety, are carried out in full.
• Report any issues that may infringe on health and safety guidelines
• Follow all training and guidance provided, maintain and update training requirements
• Unload vehicles safely using appropriate equipment i.e. fork lifts etc.
• Put goods away safely using appropriate methods of transport e.g. forklift, WMA etc. in designated area
• Move goods safely to designated loading areas using appropriate method of transport i.e. FLT, reach trucks etc.
• Ensure goods are loaded safely within weight limits and are organised to maximum efficiency
• Comply with Health and Safety requirements and company policies and procedures e.g. Use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) i.e. gloves, high visibility jackets etc.
• Ensure speed limits are obeyed and vehicles are immobilised and parked safely when idle
• Act when equipment shows visible evidence of need for repair or maintenance
• Adopt a ‘clean as you go’ policy and maintain high levels of housekeeping and warehouse upkeep
• Follow procedures for securing premises, equipment, stock and cash
• Any other duty reasonably requested by management.
This list is not exhaustive, and may be subject to local variation
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
Behaviours: Customer focused, team player, can do attitude, flexible, good communicator, professional, detail conscious, results driven, proactive.
Skills: Numerate, literate, forklift licence, warehouse experience, health and safety aware.