To provide a high quality, professional reception and administrative service to patients, doctors, staff, colleagues, health service professionals and others. To act as the first point of contact for patients contacting the Practice and to portray the practice in the highest possible professional basis.
• To use judgement, resourcefulness, common sense and local knowledge within defined parameters to respond to patient’s enquiries, particularly in assessing the degree of urgency of the patients’ requests.
• Responding to queries and requests for assistance in an efficient and courteous manner, answering general enquiries and explaining Practice Policies
• Recording, actioning and filing correspondence reports and results using the DOCMAN filing system.
• Ensuring that patient records are accurate and up-to-date
• Be aware of the Practice’s set standards for appointment availability taking reporting action as necessary.
• Action requests for repeat prescriptions in line with current practice policy
• Responding to requests for access to medical records and reports in compliance with the relevant Acts.
• Undertaking simple audit tasks as delegated by the GP Partners, Practice Manager and Assistant Manager.
• Receive and accurately record requests for home visits, assessing the degree of urgency of the patient’s requests.
• To adhere to the Practice’s Health and Safety protocols and ensure a safe working environment, highlighting any problem areas to the appropriate member of staff.
• To attend training courses deemed necessary to enhance the skills required for the post.
• Personal Computer system including e-mail and internet activity which are utilised as a means of communication both internally and externally
• Practice Clinical System (Vision) to manage and record patient appointments, inputting patient registration data, prescription requests and accessing patient data as necessary.
• Fax and photocopying machines
• Establishing and maintaining effective lines of communication with the GP
• Partners, Practice Manager and the PHCT.(Primary Health Care Team)
• Communicating clearly and effectively with staff to aid the smooth running of
• Responding to requests or queries for support as they arise in an appropriate
and timeously manner.
• Prioritising workload and requests for support.
• Making the most effective use of resources available.
• Using judgement and experience in helping to determine the relevant urgency of requests for information received from patients and other external organisations
• Managing the many conflicting priorities that the post requires.
• Ensuring clear protocols for the prioritisation of work.
• Providing and maintaining a professional and effective dialogue with patients
11. Communications and Relationships
• Internally with the GP Partners, Practice Manager and colleagues to help ensure that the Practice’s aims and objectives are met.
• Internally and externally with colleagues, healthcare professionals and others
within the Primary and Secondary care sectors with regards to the needs of the
Practice and the needs of patients registered at the practice.
• Externally with patients registered at the practice.
National 5 in Maths and English (higher preferred but not essential)
Extra curricular activities or assosicated subjects ie, admin, IT, etc