You need to apply for this vacancy directly on the employer's site.Apply on company site
Working within the Communications team, you will work towards achieving an SVQ Level 3 in Digital Marketing.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the busy, creative and dynamic Comms team at Angus Council to help to create great content for our digital channels which will allow us to engage effectively with our public, partners and employees. From bins to business, child protection to Councillors, you will also support us in reaching out to a younger demographic and help us in keeping up-to-date with the very latest in digital comms advances.
You will be responding to requests for social media and other comms support for other services and we’d want you to be involved in using video editing software, filming on smart phones and some simple design work.
The work is hard, but never dull and we promise that you’ll be well supported and learn a huge amount about digital communications.
• To help promote the council and its services to a range of stakeholders, including the public, partners and employees.
• To support the creation of relevant and engaging digital multimedia content.
• To support the management of social media accounts.
• To assist with the updating of the council’s website, intranet and internal communications channels.
• To support the planning and delivery of digital campaigns.
• To assist in monitoring and reporting on performance of social media channels.
• To input ideas for content creation and delivery.
• To assist and support our work with internal and external partners to identify collaborative activity and content where appropriate
• Work with communications colleagues to monitor the implementation of the corporate brand guidelines.
• Monitor the communications service email inbox and work with communications colleagues and services to respond to media enquiries appropriately and in a timely manner.
• Contribute to digital and news media including the internal e-social media, the intranet sites and other formats.
• Manage information in a digital way by accessing, storing and retrieving electronic files and folders.
• Communicate with colleagues and others using Outlook, Skype for Business and other digital tools.
• To comply with all data protection law in the processing of personal, and special categories of personal data, in line with the council’s full privacy statement and service privacy notes.
1. Three National 4 Grades, including English or NC Level 4/SVQ Level 1 in Administration or other relevant subject or Foundation Apprenticeship, or equivalent qualification; or relevant office experience
2. Ability to undertake SVQ Level 3 in Digital Marketing and any other relevant training as part of the Modern Apprenticeship programme
3. Willingness to undertake mandatory information governance training
4. Experience of creating videos for a digital platform
5. Good oral communication skills
6. Good written communications skills
7. Confident in using IT devices, applications, software and systems
8. Good organisational skills
9. Strong research, sourcing and analysing skills
10. Ability to work on own initiative
11. Ability to work in a team
12. Ability to meet deadlines
13. Strong creative thinker
14. Interest in local democracy and government
15. Committed to own personal development