You need to apply for this vacancy directly on the employer's site.Apply on company site
Working within the Economic Development Team, you will work towards achieving an SVQ Level 3 Diploma in Digital Applications.
Assisting with communications across the digital channels for Invest in Angus, Carnoustie Country and Visit Angus content which allows effective engagement with businesses, visitors and residents to support the delivery of wider economic development objectives. In addition, you will be involved in a variety of support tasks such as delivery of events, communications with a variety of sector groups and networks, updating and monitoring social media channels. Assisting in Hanlon recording and reporting and the creation of surveys to inform economic intelligence.
• Promote services available from the Economic Development section and its partners, business and other support networks;
• Support the creation of relevant and engaging digital multimedia content;
• Support the management of social media accounts;
• Assist with the updating and reporting of the Hanlon client management system;
• Support the planning and delivery of events supporting/promoting business;
• Assist in monitoring and reporting on performance of social media channels, events and surveys;
• Input ideas for business engagement with sectors, skills and the investment teams of Economic Development;
• Assist and support our work with partners as appropriate;
• Manage information in a digital way by accessing, storing and retrieving electronic files and folders.
• Communicating with colleagues and others using Outlook, Microsoft Teams and other digital tools.
• To comply with all data protection law in the processing of personal, and special categories of personal data, in line with the council’s full privacy statement and service privacy notices.
1. Three National 5 Grades, including English or NC Level 4/SVQ Level 1 in Administration or other relevant subject, or equivalent qualification; or relevant office experience
2. Ability to undertake SVQ Level 3 in Digital Applications and any other relevant training
3. Willingness to undertake mandatory information governance training
4. Knowledge of and interest in current digital and social media trends
5. Knowledge and experience of social media platform
6. Good written communication skill
7. Good numeracy skills
8. Good digital skills
9. Good organisational skills
10. Confident in using IT devices, applications, software and systems.