This 1st Line Support apprenticeship is a brilliant opportunity for someone with an interest and passion in IT to work and develop within an IT company. You will receive mentoring and support throughout your apprenticeship with fantastic and rapid career progression available to you.
During your apprenticeship you will be the central point of contact between the IT service management and customers. This will involve you receiving all IT incidents and provide 1st line support. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in hardware and software and be an IT Whizz kid before you know it!
Being able to provide 1st Line Support and having a good telephone manner and a positive approach to customers and their enquiries.
You must be able to interpret customer requirements and provide effective advice and support on potential solutions to resolve the IT related issues.
You will ensure user are informed on status and progress of incidents logged with the service desk.
Throughout your apprenticeship you will be coached and supported by your line manager and mentor to help you identify which areas of the business you enjoy most and would like to focus on your long term career in.
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
• You must be passionate and enthusiastic about working within the IT sector.
• You must have a high standard of written and verbal communication skills.
• You must be a great team player, that is open to listening to other suggestions.
• You must be committed to solving problems and have an open creative mind.
• You must be keen to learn and develop your skills as well as being open to new ideas.
• You must have great attention to detail and have the ability to meet deadlines.
• You must not be afraid to ask questions however you must have the ability to work on your own as much as possible.
• You must have positive approach to learning and developing and are ready to rise to new challenges.