You need to apply for this vacancy directly on the employer's site.Apply on company site
A leading provider of technology for the education sector is looking for a hardworking and motivated individual with a strong interest in technology to work within their busy IT department.
Scope for progression for the right candidate
£500 bonus on completion of apprenticeship
Increase in salary on completion
A leading provider of technology for learning to schools, colleges and universities across the UK. They deliver everything educational establishments need to deliver technology-enabled learning. They don't just sell their own products, they provide and help manage all the leading technology brands and have close relationships with all the major hardware, software and freeware providers. In addition, through their Education Resources companies they deliver high quality resources for Early Years, Primary and SEN settings. They also work with assessment bodies throughout the UK and internationally providing exam marking solutions.
• Provide telephone technical support to South Lanarkshire Council Establishments, providing advice and problem solving expertise on technical problems and queries.
• Problem resolution will be mainly through the use of remote tools such as NetOp or Centrastage.
• Providing support to site visits may also be required.
• Ensure systems are updated on a real time basis including detailed and accurate call notes.
• Customer devices are primarily connected to our CC4 networks although there are some standalones.
• Ensure calls are progressed and closed in line with contracted service level agreements.
• Escalate any issues on call progression or customer issues. (Some equipment handling may be required)
• Provide support for site visits to schools to resolve problems which we are unable to address remotely. (Equipment will require to be handled)
• Participate in project work such as installations and software rollouts.
• Process Improvement – identify and deliver improvements in tools/processes to maximise efficiency and customer satisfaction
Good problem solving ability
Good verbal & written communication skills
Disciplined and self-motivated
Able to work alone as well as part of a team
Strong interest in IT
Willingness to learn