You need to apply for this vacancy directly on the employer's site.Apply on company site
Are you ready to build a new career in the world of digital?
Do you love to code in your spare time?
Looking for an opportunity to turn your hobby and passion into a career?
My client is looking for enthusiastic and motivated person to join the Development team. The business is an ecommerce-first digital agency. Working with retailers of all sixes to plan, build and manage their ecommerce websites, systems and online growth. With ambitious growth plans, the business is looking to add a Junior Web Developer Apprentice to work from their Glasgow office.
The ideal candidate will have a good grasp and foundation knowledge of OOP programming languages such as PHP.
Please note: the salary listed is a flexible bracket; this is will be discussed further with the client at interview stage with all shortlisted candidates. The company is based right next to Hillington East railway station and so easily accessible from Glasgow City centre.
£10,000 - £14,000 (Discussed further into recruitment process)
Company pension after eligibility period
31 days holiday including bank and public holidays
Your birthday off every year
Possibility of flexible remote working to some degree after COVID lockdown
A permanent position will be considered at employer's discretion after successfully completing the IT Software and Web Development SCQF Level 6 Apprenticeship.
The client is an ecommerce-focused full-service digital agency with one primary goal; To provide superior ecommerce websites, infrastructure and digital marketing for ambitious retailers. The business has worked with a broad range of both new and globally recognised companies.
They're all about growth and return on investment. Whether that's scalable applications and server infrastructure to handle the demands of your customers or driving sales through multiple channels like Google, Facebook or Amazon. Hudson Commerce do it all.
As a Junior Web Developer, you will be working closely with Management and the wider organisation. This position will be supported by an IT Software and Web Development SCQF 6 apprenticeship.
You will become a key member of the team, participating in all aspects of the website development process using platforms such as Magento, Shopify and Laravel.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- To work on all back-end development across multiple ecommerce projects under the supervision of your
- Undertake coding to written technical specifications
- Integration of client side elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient and reusable modules
- Development of new products and features and support/maintenance of existing products
- Passion for Software Development, experience coding in school or in your own time
- An interest in coding languages such as C#, Python and PHP
- Knowledge or understanding of PHP frameworks such as Laravel advantageous
- Open mind, up for a challenge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
-Ability to work well in a team