Chiene + Tait LLP
You need to apply for this vacancy directly on the employer's site.Apply on company site
Chiene + Tait is an award-winning chartered accountancy firm of over 140 staff and 13 partners. As we continue to grow and develop, we pride ourselves on quality and client focus, together with offering excellent professional development. Headquartered in the heart of Edinburgh’s city centre, we have a further office in Inverness and virtual offices in Glasgow and London.
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to start your career in an accountancy practice, by completing a Graduate Apprenticeship. The Graduate Apprenticeship in BA (Hons) Accounting with ICAS is an accredited work-based learning programme that combines an honours degree award from Robert Gordon University and the globally recognised Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS) qualification.
To support your learning on the job, you will work with our Audit team. Our team support a wide range of clients, from technology companies, entrepreneurs/start-ups to not-for-profit clients such as charities and cultural institutions. We are working with rapidly developing ideas and concepts, such as embracing use of data analytics and cloud-based technology.
What you will do
We offer you the chance to earn whilst you learn. With flexible and remote working arrangements, your work in Audit Assurance will include:
• Completion of external audit fieldwork as directed by experienced colleagues.
• Checking client documentation is reported in accordance with accounting standards and legislative requirements.
• Visiting client sites to complete audit fieldwork, usually along with senior colleagues.
• Testing clients’ accounts and compiling ratios for audit reports.
• Inputting information and running reports from Audit Automation software (CCH).
• Supporting clients with the planning phase and acting as a liaison between the client teams and our office.
• Continuing development of our ‘data analytics offering’ and ‘cloud-based solutions’.
You will also get the chance to complete placements to other departments, such as our Accounts and Business Support team.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is willing to work hard and learn. The type of person we are looking for will:
• Be interested in developing a career in an accountancy practice.
• Have good grades from school/college in Mathematics and English or other relevant subjects, e.g. Accounting, Business Studies,
• Or you may be looking for a change of career with good transferrable skills gained through work experience.
• Show that you take pride in your work through accuracy and attention to detail.
• A responsible person who is punctual and who can work to deadlines.
• Demonstrate that you are an organised person.
• Show effective communication skills by listening and asking the right questions.
• Be good with information technology, ideally you will have used Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and / or an accountancy package, e.g. Sage 50 or Xero.
• Show that you can use your initiative.
• Be willing to learn and study towards a University degree and professional qualification.
• Be able to travel to client premises to complete audit/accounts work, following initial training.
• Be willing to travel to Aberdeen to attend University classes 4 times per year (subject to latest Scottish Government guidance regarding social distancing).