GP Strategies is delighted to partner once again with Scotland’s leading law firm.
Our client is a prestigious legal firm offering clients the largest specialist legal resource in Scotland, with more practice areas and lawyers ranked top-tier in Scotland than any other legal business.
Our client has a proven record of developing their own talent pipeline through the acquisition, development and progression of Modern Apprentices within the business over the last several years.
We are now supporting our client with the recruitment and training of an HR Admin Apprentice. This is a full-time opportunity based in their Edinburgh Office.
• Starting Salary: TBC
• Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm
• Location: Edinburgh City Centre
You will thrive in a very busy and demanding environment that requires the ability to multi-task effectively, and you will be confident and professional. You will be comfortable working to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
The role will be based in Edinburgh although occasional travel to Aberdeen and Glasgow may be required.
• Providing timely and accurate administrative support to the Payroll & Benefits Team including adding new joiners to the payroll database and benefits portal, sending welcome and login details emails, and updating the monthly payroll system such as inputting benefits changes
• Providing support to the Payroll & Benefits Team during busy project periods including helping with the preparation of salary review and season ticket loan letters, annual leave and benefits administration and collection and filing of any forms
• Running ad hoc management information reports and interpreting data as necessary
• Preparing paperwork for various meetings
• Support with administration tasks around the recruitment process as and when necessary
• Diary management of yourself and others within the team when needed
• General up keep of the document management system. Assisting with paper and electronic files, which will include shredding sensitive documents and tidy up folders in our electronic document management system
• Processing expenses claims
• Providing administrative support for any projects or research tasks that may arise
• Any other ad hoc tasks as required by the team
• Be aware of Brodies’ information security policies, and protect information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction, or interference at all times.
Business Administration Apprenticeship:
As well as entering full-time employment, you will be given the opportunity to earn as you learn. Fully funded for those aged 16-24, (if you are disabled or care experienced you can apply up to the age of 29) you will undertake a Modern Apprenticeship in Business Administration.
The Business Administration Modern Apprenticeship combines work-based learning with off-the-job training resulting in the achievement of a nationally recognised qualification in Business Administration.
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following skills, qualities and interests:
• Can work on their own initiative, is pro-active, persistent, robust and committed to "getting the job done"
• Good attention to detail
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
• Flexible and proactive approach to work duties·
• Strong desire to work hard, learn, improve and progress on a daily basis
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently when required
• Prioritisation, time management and organisational skills
• Good skills in the use of Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• Willingness to enhance IT literacy through training, if appropriate
• Customer service skills and experience