At Gingerbread, we provide excellent childcare facilities for children in Edinburgh.
We are a warm, friendly, family-feel childcare service operating in a number of locations in the Edinburgh area.
Under the direction of the playleaders, you will be responsible for assisting with the care and supervision of children attending our childcare facilities. You will work in accordance with the guidance provided by playleaders and office staff ensuring a high standard of childcare. You will ensure Care Inspectorate and SSSC guidelines are adhered to.
- Reporting any staffing issues to Playleaders/Seniors/Office Staff
- Reporting any children/parent issues to Playleaders/Seniors/Office Staff
- Collecting and delivering children from school pick-ups to relevant ASC Base.
- Ensuring safe, creative and appropriate play activities.
- Preparing, assisting and organising a programme of play activities for ASC and other childcare cover.
- Liaising with parents, schools and related agencies.
- Passing important information to staff, parents and children. Regular update of Parents Notice Board, as well as any other administration duties that apply e.g., monthly paperwork updates etc.
- Administering First Aid as appropriate.
- Attending mandatory/appropriate training courses as stipulated by SSSC and Care Inspectorate.
- Preparing refreshments and snacks.
- Attending staff meetings where time in-lieu will be given
- Integrating with children in all types of play provision.
- Administer, prepare and complete any forms for parents where appropriate.
- Assist in all above at School Holiday Playschemes
- Assist in the smooth running of the childcare facilities.
- Assist in staff development and observation of staff to help everyone develop their skills further.
- Assist in completing all staff supervision tools, e.g. reviews, appraisals, one-to-one supervision.
- Assist if necessary in recording fee charges in the appropriate paperwork and in some cases delivering fee to office.
- Liaise with the Care Inspectorate regarding inspections and any relevant issues.
PLAYWORKER HAS THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR COST OF PVG EACH YEAR OR WHENEVER STIPULATED BY THE ORGANISATION AND ANY OTHER COSTS INCURRED BY REGISTERING WITH SSSC OR ANY OTHER BODY.
You will work toward the practitioner qualification - Social Services (Children and Young People) SVQ 3 at SCQF Level 7 which will take approximately 18 months. You will be supported in the workplace to learn all aspects of the role and in addition, will attend off the job training workshops on a monthly basis.
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
National 5 English preferred.
This role would suit someone who has good communication skills, excellent time keeping and is reliable. It would also suit someone who has a caring and nurturing nature.