East Ayrshire Council
You need to apply for this vacancy directly on the employer's site.Apply on company site
Provide a business and administrative support service within a learning contract in order to assist with the promotion, delivery and integration of the Council’s key objectives; specifically in relation to the Community Plan, Shared Commitments, Single Outcome Agreement and Best Value.
• Receive visitors to the department ensuring principles of good Customer Care are observed at all times.
• Make and receive internal/external telephone calls, dealing with enquiries personally, or referring to the appropriate sources.
• Process all incoming and outgoing, internal and external mail, ensuring efficient distribution, appropriate recording and tracking procedures are followed.
• Maintain various records, registers and statistical information, both manual and computerised.
• Assist with the co-ordination of archiving and retention of records in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
• Operate PECOS, the council’s electronic purchasing system; including generating purchase orders in accordance with procurement procedures and entering delivery notes.
• Use Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access).
• Undertake a level 2 Business and Administration Modern Apprenticeship.
• Able to take instruction and direction
• Able to work with supervision or as part of team
• Good Interpersonal Skills
• Good communication skills
• An interest in working in an office environment