West Lothian Leisure
You need to apply for this vacancy directly on the employer's site.Apply on company site
Your role is to provide operational and technical support for assigned information and communication technology systems. This role is subject to a basic check from Disclosure Scotland. There will be an expectation after a number of months within the organisation, to be "on call" for evenings and weekends which works in a 2 on 4 off rotation.
Xcite West Lothian Leisure (Xcite) is a Community Benefit Organisation, a registered Scottish charity. It is at the heart of the West Lothian community, helping people to improve their wellbeing and make healthy lifestyle choices. We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian. As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people’s lives through sport, health and physical activity.
• Help maintain the full range of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) systems.
• Liaise with the ICT support services ensuring the systems are running at optimum performance with minimum ICT down time.
• Respond, investigate and resolve Customer Support Requests, logged by users.
• Site visits to investigate, coordinate and resolve open support requests and provide proactive maintenance.
• Assist with software upgrades, patching and installations.
• Administer user accounts within the Active Directory environment (local and remote) in order to provide secure and efficient access to email, standard and non-standard software and systems.
• Provide reports and analysis with regards to the ICT systems and user support statistics and other data, recommending appropriate measures.
• Monitor and maintain full range of ICT systems including operating systems, security systems, telephone system, data network and back- up.
• Contribute to ICT projects and work to timescales and within costs.
• Provide an [additional] out of hours ICT support service
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
• Ability to demonstrate the core competencies.
• Good general education including e.g. ICT or Computing Studies.
• Skills with regards to maintaining computing hardware to ensure optimum operation.
• Microsoft Windows knowledge
• Strong Microsoft Office knowledge
• Current valid driving license [and use of a vehicle].
• Willingness to continuously develop and attend training and development sessions in line with your personal training plan, on occasion out-with your normal hours of work, to ensure the required level of competence.