High School of Glasgow
You need to apply for this vacancy directly on the employer's site.Apply on company site
The High School of Glasgow is seeking to appoint a Modern Apprentice IT Technician and MIS support.
Working as part of the IT Team, the post will deliver professional and effective technical support and Helpdesk Services, providing first line IT Support for staff and for students, ensuring IT services meet the needs of customers.
The role would be based at the Senior School primarily, however travel to the Junior School will be required on regular basis, to provide IT support there as well. The successful candidate will require a PVG, this will be funded by the High School of Glasgow.
You will be working for an independent, co-educational, non-denominational school. The atmosphere of the school is that each individual feels welcome, has a sense of fair treatment and of safety and security, and feels that they are treated with respect.
• Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Windows and MAC operating systems
• Provide general network support
• Investigate, troubleshoot and solve IT issues
• Manage software applications such as Microsoft Office
• Perform routine IT tasks on your own or with other members of the team
• Take responsibility for IT equipment, ensuring IT store areas are kept tidy and stocked
• Diagnosis of hardware and software faults and replacement of system components
• Knowledge of and familiarity with Apple Hardware would also be desirable
Full training will be provided
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
• High attention to detail
• Motivated and enthusiastic
• Ability to manage and prioritise workloads efficiently
• Good problem-solving skills
• Genuine interest in technology