As a Graduate Apprentice Software Engineer at Dears Pharmacy, from your first day you will be an active engineering team member working as part of a cross-functional development team using the latest tools and agile techniques to solve complex problems at scale.
You'll be involved in developing, delivering and supporting features from start to finish within a team and be well supported from each and every employee within the company as you grow into your new career. Your role will be varied, and our apprenticeships offer a great opportunity for candidates looking to build a successful and rewarding career in software development, with a focus on web development skills.
As part of your career development with Dears Pharmacy, you will study a work based degree Graduate Apprenticeship BSc Hons Software Development for Business at Glasgow Caledonian University commencing late September 2021.
Dears Pharmacy is a family owned business established in 1990 across Edinburgh & Fife. We are currently transforming our business to meet pharmacy and healthcare for the future. We are looking to secure a software engineer to create and being to life new ways to measure our business in real time and develop new tools to support the communities we serve to look after the health and well-being.
If you are passionate about healthcare and software engineering then an apprenticeship with Dears is ideal role for you. There is the opportunity for remote working moving forward within the business.
You will be working and learning alongside people with a wide range of experience at Dears Pharmacy.
In your first period of work, you will have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with our software and get to know the team.
• You will also learn how to use our different tools and industry processes with the guidance and support of the team.
• You will be given the opportunity to work on small features which go live to all of our customers globally. Within the team, everybody has their code and work reviewed by another team member. As part of your learning you will have the opportunity to both review other people's work and get supportive feedback on your own tasks.
• As your knowledge and skills increase, you will have the opportunity to work on increasingly larger tasks with more challenging aspects.
• You will be working with the latest technologies and experience both writing new software and updating existing software to the latest technology.
• You will be given exposure of other areas of the business and will target your development on what you enjoy most and what suits you best.
Graduate Apprenticeship BSc Hons Software Development for Business at Glasgow Caledonian University entry requirements.
Standard entry for new employees applying directly from school: SQA Higher: BBBB including Maths or Computing, plus Nat 5 English at C.
The University accept selected Foundation Apprenticeships, in combination with SQA Highers, for entry to our degree programmes.
Your Foundation Apprenticeship will take the place of one SQA Higher qualification for our standard entry requirements and will be treated as equivalent to a B grade at Higher.
Non-Standard entry For applicants with prior work experience and professional qualifications there is a possibility to be considered through the university’s flexible entry system through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). This process allows prospective Graduate Apprentices to claim credit(s) against previously assessed and certificated learning, including informal learning, to be considered and recognised for academic purposes and credit within their programme for example Modern Apprenticeships, HNC and HND certifications.
• Interest in Technology
• Good communication skills
• Commitment to a 4 year development programme
• Motivated and enthusiastic behaviour
• A desire to learn and achieve