You need to apply for this vacancy directly on the employer's site.Apply on company site
As a Graduate Apprentice Software Engineer at Capgemini, from your first day you will be an active engineering team member working as part of a cross-functional development team using the latest tools and agile techniques to solve complex problems at scale. You'll be involved in developing, delivering and supporting features from start to finish within a team of experienced software and data engineers and be well supported from each and every employee within the company as you grow into your new career.
Your role will be varied, and our apprenticeships offer a great opportunity for candidates looking to build a successful and rewarding career in software development. As part of your career development with Cap Gemini, you will study a work based degree Graduate Apprenticeship BSc Hons Software Development for Business at Glasgow Caledonian University commencing late September 2021.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries.
You will be working and learning alongside people with a wide range of experience: new graduates, to senior technical professionals with global experience in technology and data engineering.
In your first period of work, you will have the opportunity to familiarize yourself with our software and get to know the team.
• You will also learn how to use our different tools and industry processes with the guidance and support of the team.
• After you get to know the team and software, you will be given the opportunity to work on small features which go live to all of our customers globally. Within the team, everybody has their code and work reviewed by another team member. As part of your learning you will have the opportunity to both review other people's work and get supportive feedback on your own tasks.
• As your knowledge and skills increase, you will have the opportunity to work on increasingly larger tasks with more challenging aspects.
• You will be working with the latest technologies and experience both writing new software and updating existing software to the latest technology.
• You will be given exposure of other areas of the business and will target your development on what you enjoy most and what suits you best.
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
Graduate Apprenticeship BSc Hons Software Development for Business at Glasgow Caledonian University entry requirements.
Standard entry for new employees applying directly from school: SQA Higher: BBBB including Maths or Computing, plus Nat 5 English at C. The University accept selected Foundation Apprenticeships, in combination with SQA Highers, for entry to our degree programmes.
Your Foundation Apprenticeship will take the place of one SQA Higher qualification for our standard entry requirements and will be treated as equivalent to a B grade at Higher.
Non-Standard entry For applicants with prior work experience and professional qualifications there is a possibility to be considered through the university’s flexible entry system through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
This process allows prospective Graduate Apprentices to claim credit(s) against previously assessed and certificated learning, including informal learning, to be considered and recognised for academic purposes and credit within their programme for example Modern Apprenticeships, HNC and HND certifications.
• Interest in Technology
• Good communication skills
• Commitment to a 4 year development programme
• Motivated and enthusiastic behaviour
• A desire to learn and achieve