The Glenturret Distillery
This role involves working in a busy distillery bonded warehouse. You will be expected to work closely with all members of the production team to ensure all work is carried out in a safe, professional and timely manner. It is essential that you have the ability to work as part of a team, and also the capability and confidence to work on your own with certain tasks.
To be successful in the role you will also need to be flexible. The production department works very closely with the Brand's team on site, and you may be asked to help in other areas of the business.
You will also be expected to -
• Carry out empty cask intake and assessment.
• Carry out cask preparation for filling.
• Assist in preparing spirit for filling into casks, including taking the charge and reducing spirit to the correct filling strength.
• Assist in cask filling and transport to the warehouses.
• Receiving and despatching casks to and from the warehouse.
• Stowing and de-stowing in a dunnage warehouse.
• Using and uploading information from our stock system “Dramscan”.
• Sampling and re-gauging casks.
• Assist in re-racking and vatting operations.
• Tapping and repairing casks.
• Utilising space in the warehouse.
• Assist in stock management.
• Carry out stock checks.
• Assisting with warehouse security.
Within this role, as well as gaining an insight into the world of whisky distillation and production, you will receive training and will work towards obtaining your SVQ Warehousing, Storage and Distribution at SCQF Level 5. You will be expected to learn and adhere to HMRC, Health and Safety, food safety and environmental compliance while working within Glenturret’s procedures and work instructions. You will be part of an ongoing innovation program and as your skills develop, we expect you to be more and more involved with the day to day operations to deliver this.
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
Ideally, candidates will be:
• Hard working and highly motivated
• Aware of environmental issues.
• Aware of health & safety responsibilities of self and others.
You will also possess strong organisational skills and be IT literate. Good people skills are also essential, as is having confidence when speaking in public.