Our award-winning Apprenticeship programme offers you a chance to study for a practical qualification while contributing to the success of a fast-paced, constantly evolving organisation.
To be eligible , you will be between 16 and 24yrs old , however you may apply up to the age of 29 if specific criteria is met
In partnership with our training provider in Scotland – Genius People - we are initially offering a 1-year Modern Apprenticeship in Business and Administration. On this scheme, you will become a valued member of the housing management team within our Housing Team.
You will gain valuable experience allowing you a real insight into the systems and processes we use as well as developing essential office skills. At the same time, we will support your studies towards an SCQF Level 5 in Business and Administration which together with the practical experience you gain, will provide the perfect platform for an exciting career ahead
Working in a busy housing management team alongside three Assistant Housing Officers, eight Housing Officers and a Welfare Rights Officer, the team provides a day-to-day housing service to tenants, residents, and owners by allocating properties, dealing with anti-social behaviour, and monitoring rent accounts.
The role of Business Administration Apprentice will include:
• General administration – planning, organising, filing, processing, and managing correspondence
• Opening, distributing, and franking mail
• Loading and maintaining housing applications
• Dealing with customer queries by email, face to face and by telephone
Skills and experiences:
• A minimum of 2 National 5 qualifications (or equivalent) in Maths and English (other subjects considered)
• You will have a keen interest to learn how an organisation operates, great communication skills and plenty of initiative
• Commitment, determination, and enthusiasm
• Flexible and adaptable team player
• As a self-motivated individual, we will expect you to work well by yourself as well as in a team environment
• Competent in MS packages (including Outlook, Word, and Excel)