We are the UK’s leading credit union with almost 60,000 members. We’ve recently embarked on an exciting digital transformation journey and made significant investments in modernising our entire IT infrastructure including the build of a bespoke mobile app for our members.
As part of our growing IT team, we have an exciting opportunity for an IT apprentice to be front line support for our internal users and provide second line support to our contact centre team for our member facing applications.
We’re looking for someone with excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities who has a genuine passion for IT and a desire to get it ‘right first time’.
The role will involve a broad range of technical, manual handling, administrative and communication tasks working flexibly as part of a team supporting the ICT team to deliver the best service to our stakeholders.
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
• Excellent verbal and numerical reasoning skills
• Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate orally and in writing with a variety of stakeholders
• Organised with an ability to manage own workload through effective time management
• Takes initiative and demonstrates ownership with a proven problem-solving mind
• Works well independently with minimal guidance but also as part of a small skilled team
• Motivated and driven to succeed with an open mind and willingness to embrace new ideas and strong appetite for change
• Interest in IT and a passion for digital automation
• Competent user of MS office