Do you love technology? Are you passionate about IT and want to keep up to date with the latest technologies? Daxtra are looking for an apprentice support engineer.
Your primary role will be to serve as 1st-line support for our external and internal clients. Troubleshoots and develops technical solutions related to software, services, deployment, configuration and setup errors. Creates timely workarounds and fixes, including information sharing and consultancy, via effective internal and external communication, and follows required procedures in use of systems, and documentation. Escalates issues requiring more in-depth analysis, knowledge and resolutions as appropriate.
We are looking for an Apprentice Support Engineer to learn how to provide high quality assistance to our clients. You will learn to diagnose and troubleshoot software and service problems and help our clients install, configure and use our applications and programs. Support Engineer responsibilities include identifying software, configuration issues and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues.
• Research and identify solutions to software and service issues
• Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including deployment,
configuration and setup
• Ask targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
• Track issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
• Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
• Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g.
software developers) Provide prompt and accurate feedback to clients
• Refer to internal systems or external resources to provide accurate solutions
• Ensure all issues are properly logged and documented
• Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
• Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
• Prepare accurate and timely reports
• Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
• A basic grounding in Computers and Technology from education or hobbyist computing.
• Relevant interest and working knowledge of computers and software
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
• Good Maths and English grades.
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Sense of when to escalate a problem, or ask for assistance
• Problem solving and follow through, can think outside the box
• Pragmatic and thorough
• Maintain friendly and professional relationships with clients and colleagues.