The Apprentice Accounts Assistant role is to support the Accountant and the Accounts function in all aspects of dealership account processes and supporting the reporting of Management Information.
The role includes banking and allocation of receipts, sales and vehicle ledger, credit control & purchase ledger reconciliation. The role holder will also assist in the preparation of management accounts as well as additional ad-hoc duties.
The Apprentice Accounts Assistant is fully responsible for communicating all concerns and keeping up to date on all new processes and procedures. The role holder will also efficiently handle administration related issues.
Accounts Team Support & Communication: To provide a positive and active support function to facilitate the accounts team in their achievement of targets.
Data Management: To accurately manage and input data into the Kerridge system and provide accurate information to Management.
Document Management: To accurately manage and co-ordinate the distribution of documents within the Dealership.
The AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting covers a range of foundation accounting and finance skills in five mandatory units:
• Bookkeeping Transactions
• Bookkeeping Controls
• Elements of Costing
• Using Accounting Software
• Work Effectively in Finance (this forms part of the Foundation Synoptic assessment exam.)
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
• Reliability: Consistently follows through on commitments to others. Meets responsibilities head on without making excuses. Routinely works with persistence to achieve agreed objectives. Understands their own responsibilities and personally takes ownership of their own performance. Regularly demonstrates a pattern of achievement making them dependable to others.
• Numerical and Financial Analysis: Comprehend, analyse and organise both numerical and statistical information accurately.
• Teamwork: Eager to participate and contribute as a member of a team. Creates a positive and willing team climate. Prepared to support and share information with other team members. Works together with other team members to achieve shared goals and objectives.
• Detail Oriented: Concerned with precision and accuracy when accomplishing tasks. Takes both a methodical and analytical approach with their activities with an acute eye for detail. Prepared to identify errors and mistakes which others may overlook.
• Organising: Organises all resources efficiently and effectively. Is systematic in approach to managing tasks to achieve current objectives. Allocates tasks and their priorities based on importance and level or urgency. Utilizes a feedback system to oversee the completion of tasks and to help clarify objectives.