We currently have vacancies for individuals who want to undertake an apprenticeship in childcare where they can work and train in a early learning and childcare setting to become qualified childcare practitioners.
The role includes an hourly apprenticeship wage and the qualification is funded by SDS. This role is ideally suited to young people between the ages of 16-19 years, if you are care experienced or disabled then you can apply up to the age of 29.
The role will involve:
A full comprehensive training programme within the setting, learning from experienced and qualified staff how to deliver effective care and learning.
Learning how to create inspiring and exciting learning experiences that encourage children to learn at their own pace.
Supporting and nurturing young children to ensure their wellbeing, safety and care needs are met.
Supporting the team in the effective operation of a busy nursery environment.
Developing your knowledge of theory and practice in child development
understanding the theory and practice around Getting It Right For Every Child.
Developing your knowledge of frameworks in relation to early learning and childcare.
Developing care and pedagogical skills to support each individual child's care and learning needs.
Alongside this role the successful candidate will also be supported and guided through their qualification. This will include:
Regular meetings with your allocated SVQ assessor.
Completing written work to support your accreditation and competencies in each area of your qualification.
The qualification will be delivered by Cairellot Learning Centre (accredited SQA learning centre) who work in partnership with Skills Development Scotland to fund and deliver the modern apprenticeship in childcare. Successful candidates will be required to offer 2 satisfactory references and undergo PVG and SSSC registration.
As a Modern Apprentice you will learn skills that include:
* How to support and nurture children ensuring their wellbeing at all times
* Understanding how to ensure effective care and learning using a holistic approach
* Learn how to develop and encourage natural learning experiences that are child led
* Learn how to ensure learning experiences are tailored to meet the needs of individual children, ensuring progression and challenge.
* How to work within a team environment, working together to ensure individual children's needs are met and are always at the heart of your role
* How to observe, track and assess children's learning experiences in order to provide next steps
* Understand the national frameworks and statutory requirements in place and how these are implemented in practice
* Supporting the overall setting to help create a positive and nurturing environment
* Meeting the standards required and contributing to ensuring that the overall nursery delivers high quality provision in all areas
* The importance of effective record keeping
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
Candidates must be enthusiastic and committed to delivering high quality inclusive early learning and childcare to all children. Candidates do not require to have any experience but should have English and one other qualification at National 5 level or above.
All candidates will be required to undergo recruitment screening as part of their application where they are successful that includes PVG, references checks and other.