The employer is a Civil Engineering consultancy, specialising in the provision of project management and civil engineering solutions for infrastructure projects. They specialise in flood management and are currently project managing the largest flood management scheme in Scotland.
Due to an internal promotion, they have an exciting opportunity to join the fast growing company as an administrative modern apprentice, offering a great opportunity to develop your administration skills and knowledge in a role which provides structured and accredited training.
They are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated individual to join the friendly and hard working team.
You will provide support to both management and the rest of the team who are working on the design, project management and delivery/construction of flood protection schemes and other flood risk reduction projects.
Your responsibilities in the role will be to:
• Provide reception services to all visitors to the office, including manning the main telephone line and taking messages as appropriate.
• Maintaining and developing good business relationships.
• Supporting the Company Director through various PA duties including diary management.
• Assisting the Business Manager with financial tasks i.e. filing and tracking invoices and support with payroll.
• Processing timesheets, mileage and expenses and run reports ensuring all hours correspond to meet monthly Project Invoice deadlines.
• Providing HR support to the Business Manager i.e. processing and tracking annual leave requests and absence.
• Maintaining the company's Management System.
• Carrying out various administrative functions as requested by the Business Manager i.e. filing, retrieving files and minute taking at meetings.
• Providing accurate reports and emails to both management and the Project Team as required.
• Placing purchases (stationary, IT or PPE) ensuring order details are correct i.e. price, delivery time and quantity specifications.
• Organising training as required for the Project Team and maintain employee training records.
You will be fully supported through a Business Administration SCQF Level 6 qualification, as well as receive continual support to develop communication skills, time management, managing your own workload and building confidence.
Highers in English and a business based subject as Business Management or Administration & IT.
• Computer Literacy (i.e. Microsoft Suite)
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team and own your own initiative
• Good timekeeping skills
• Good telephone manner
• Willingness to learn
• Good attention to detail
• Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload
• Driving License (advantageous but not a requirement).