Are you hoping to be a future Operations Manager with an interest in Freight, Logistics and Supply Chain? Look no further!
Extrordinair Ltd are a leading freight forwarder based in the heart of Scotland. Trading for over 30 years and with a single mission, to go above and beyond for their clients, customers and staff. To help with their mission Extrordinair are on the hunt for their next Operations Apprentice to join their Animal Receiving team at Edinburgh Airport.
Working within the operations department, you will be liaising with clients and sub-contractors, providing quotes and transacting air import and export jobs of live animals (domestic cats and dogs predominately). The role will also include customs clearance and invoicing – it will be ‘start to finish’ operational jobs.
The role will include supporting the welfare and handling of animals also. You will help contribute to excellent operational performance, to the growth of the site and champion company values at all times. Not only that, in year 1 you will work towards an SCQF Level 6 Diploma in Digital Applications and PC Passport.
• Export - coordination, documentation and complete processing of air
• Import - coordination with overseas agents, maintain and monitor rates from overseas partners, track inbound shipments, coordinate with customs brokers for all relevant import filings, document turnover, reporting to consignee on all matters, and over-seeing shipments through to final delivery.
• Supporting good welfare of live animals – largely domestic cats and dogs.
• There will be some cleaning responsibilities following animals being in our care, including cleaning the kennels
• Developing and maintaining confidence and encouraging customer loyalty.
• To deliver excellent customer service
• Support the development of a ‘can do’ working culture with a customer driven mentality
• Champion the company values at all times.
• Ensuring responsibilities encompassing the appropriate practices to support the Border Control Post and Animal Receiving Centre, and all other regulatory bodies are maintained as set out within the company’s Standard Operating Procedures
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi task and work effectively under pressure
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume office environment, must be self- motivated
• Strong IT literacy, proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; Internet
• Full, clean driving licence is preferred but not essential Alongside that, you would have a strong interest in Supply Chain, Operations, Freight Forwarding and Logistics. Extrordinair want to employ long term therefore it is essential that you are bought into the company’s values.