You need to apply for this vacancy directly on the employer's site.Apply on company site
Childcare Management Company has an exciting opportunity for an Early Years Practitioner within our well-established client's nursery in Bearsden.
This opportunity is funded through the Modern Apprenticeship scheme and is open to all genders aged between 16 and 19 years old (candidates up to the age of 29 may be eligible for funding if they have a disability or are a care leaver and require additional support to help them achieve their qualification).
A Modern Apprenticeship means that you will receive on-the-job training within a nursery, as you work towards a nationally recognised qualification. As an employee in training you will be paid the minimum rate of £4.30 per hour or the first 12 months. Thereafter your rate of pay may increase depending on your age and in line Government Guidelines. You will also be entitled to paid holidays.
Successful candidates will work full time in a nursery whilst studying to achieve an SVQ at Level 3 in 'Social Services, Children and Young People'. Once achieved this will allow you to work as a fully qualified Early Years Educator (Nursery Nurse). During your apprenticeship, you will work as part of the nursery team, learning to provide the highest level of early-years education and care to all children attending the nursery. You will also gain the skills required to provide parents with a high quality level of customer service.
You will be appointed with an assessor from Childcare Management Company who will fully support you throughout your qualification.
Some of the duties required of a trainee include, but are not limited to:
• Observing & recording children's development
• Following policies and procedures
• Ensuring the safety and well being of the children at all times
• Creating fun-filled learning experiences through play
• Prepare snacks/lunches for children
• Undertake personal care of children (toileting/nappy changing)
• Setting up resources and playrooms
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
3 x National 4 passes preferred, one of which should be English
• No experience is necessary, however, a genuine desire to work with children is!
• Must be 100% committed to achieving the SVQ Level 3
• Must be trustworthy, reliable and a good timekeeper/attender.