GP Strategies are delighted to be supporting Anderson Strathern with the recruitment and training of an Assistant Administrator Apprentice.
Anderson Strathern is a leading Scottish legal firm that focus on the Scottish market with UK and international business, specialising in the private client, commercial and public sectors.
An exciting new vacancy has arisen in the Edinburgh office for an Assistant Administrator who is keen to learn, and develop a career within Anderson Strathern. You will work primarily in the Rural Land & Business Department, providing Junior PA and Administrative Support, and working closely with senior PA’s.
In this role, flexibility is key as there may be a requirement to support other departments within the firm. The tasks you will carry out are included in, but not limited to, the list below.
· Scanning, saving, and distributing incoming mail
· Photocopying, scanning, printing, binding, filing, and archiving
· Supporting the preparation of bulk documentation, files, and bundles
· Using PDF Docs to put legal bundles together, paginating papers, and reducing file sizes
· Helping to maintain the Interaction database
· Providing ad-hoc cover for reception
· Setting up for events/large meetings
· Maintaining stationery and printer paper/toner
· Making hand deliveries
· Training in and assisting with legal secretarial duties (including dictation, formatting and amending documents, raising invoices, and completing Cash Room forms)
· Assisting with ad-hoc departmental projects
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
Due to the nature of this role, applicants should be able to demonstrate the following skills and personal qualities:
· Good computer skill, with a knowledge of Word and Outlook (PowerPoint and Excel are a bonus)
· Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise and work with partners, fee earners, business support staff, and other PAs
· Demonstrate common sense and a methodical approach
· Strong presentation skills with an eye for detail
· Act professionally, as a representative for the firm
· Work with enthusiasm, commitment and flexibility
· A genuine desire to develop a career within a legal office
· Ideally candidates should have National 5 in English (or equivalent/be able to demonstrable ability)