• You will work alongside a team of colleagues to provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment for babies and children age:
0-5 years - if you choose to work in a nursery setting
5-12 years - if you choose to work in an out of school care setting
• Some examples of the things that your day to day job will involve include:
Supporting your team to plan and implement stimulating activities for the children
Supporting the children to learn and develop through play
Keeping the children safe and well at all times
Becoming familiar with and following the settings policies and procedures
Assisting with snack and lunches
• You will work towards your SVQ Level 3 Social Services Children and Young People (@ SCQF Level 7) with the support and guidance of one of our experienced Assessors. The qualification can take up to 18 months to complete and is fully funded by Skills Development Scotland.
• Your employer will also support your learning by providing you with the opportunities and experiences required to support you to develop your childcare knowledge and skills and to generate the evidence required to meet the standards within the qualification.
• Upon completion, you will be able to be a fully qualified Childcare Practitioner able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council.
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
No experience is necessary however you will need to be friendly, caring and enthusiastic and to be able to communicate well with both children and adults.