You need to apply for this vacancy directly on the employer's site.Apply on company site
Various, across Scotland
Full time, 39 hours per week.
If you become an Arnold Clark apprentice, you’ll get qualified – and get paid!
You’ll attend GTG for four weeks’ initial training; then, at various points throughout your apprenticeship. You’ll also regularly be assessed at work to make sure you’re on track for success.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who’s willing to learn and wants to advance their career. You’ll have loads of enthusiasm for the work, and be keen to learn and be mentored in a practical environment. At the end of the qualification, there are also some fantastic career opportunities on offer for successful participants.
What skills will I learn?
• How to work with wheels and tyres.
• Basic servicing, including car health checks.
• Steering and suspension.
• Putting theory into practice following training weeks.
• MOT preparation.
• Electrical fault diagnostics.
• Carrying out reviews on film to build customer trust.
• Overhaul of major components.
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
What qualifications or qualities are required? *
• You’ll have gained or be working towards National 4 or 5 or above in Maths, English and a science
Science or Technical subject, or accredited equivalent.
• You must be literate, numerate, reliable and keen to learn.
• The ability to build key relationships with other departments.
• You won’t be afraid to ask questions.
• Willingness to work in a practical environment.
• Eagerness to learn new things.
• Ability to take instruction and use your own initiative.
• Listening skills.