Are you a school leaver / or just looking for a new career, aged 16-24yrs ( disabled or care experienced applicants up to the age of 29 are eligible to apply. Refer to the Equalities Act 2010.)
To undertake environmental maintenance work within tenanted properties and cleaning, caretaking, environmental and landscape maintenance work within common areas of Prospect’s housing developments. This includes common stairs, bin areas and all common external areas as directed by the Assistant Estate Services Officer or Maintenance Team Chargehand – Estates.
You will complete a Modern Apprenticeship qualification in Facilities Services SCQF 5 delivered throughout the apprenticeship.
In addition the post holder is responsible for:
• Ensuring the confidentiality of all personal, financial, development or tenant information, where required in accordance with the Data Protection Act;
• Ensuring all relevant policies and procedures are adhered to, and in particular observing the letter and spirit of the Association’s Equality and Diversity Policy in all aspects of day to day duties relating to tenants, staff, outside agencies and the public;
• At all times working in such a manner as to ensure the health and safety of the post-holder, colleagues, tenants and visitors to the Association’s offices;
• Assisting in ensuring the security of the office building, equipment and keys;
• Assisting in the overall work of the department by covering essential duties for absent colleagues and generally sharing the workload;
• Contributing to the overall management of Prospect through participation in adhoc groups addressing specific issues, departmental meetings, staff meetings and learning and development opportunities;
• Ensuring positive and effective internal communication is maintained both within the department and across all departments.
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
No specific qualifications are required for this role, we are more interested in you as a person, and the ability to work hard.