You will be responsible supporting the Accountants, helping to prepare paperwork for accounts, VAT and tax returns.
You will also be required to support the payroll team, preparing client’s payslips and pensions.
This role requires a high level of accuracy and good administrative skills.
The Role - As a key member of the team, the candidate will be responsible for :
• Bookkeeping via various software, including FreeAgent, Xero and
• Traditional bookkeeping with paper files
• Deciphering data from client papers & spreadsheets
• Compiling VAT returns and accounts
• Applying for VAT registration numbers
• Dealing with external agencies such as HMRC
• Maintaining payroll information by processing payroll data for a variety
• Updates payroll records by entering changes and submitting to HMRC
• Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes,
deductions, leave, and holiday pay/entitlement
• Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee NI and PAYE
taxes and providing report to clients
• Applying for PAYE references and setting
• Liaises with clients, HMRC and Pension providers on a daily basis.
Full training and support will be given to the candidate and we offer continued career development. We support and pay for professional qualification such as AAT & ACCA.
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
Minimum of Nat 5 in English and Maths:
• Will be able to demonstrate the resolve required to deal with clients
and agencies in the daily duties of this position.
• Have a high level of attention to detail.
• Will develop confidence and show they have an ability to think on
• Will have good communication skills both written and telephone
• Will have a mature outlook, and be able to work efficiently on their
Skills and Experience Required :
• Interest in Accountancy
• Interest in Software
• Good attention to detail