Truststream is a provider of cyber security professional services and 24x7 managed security services based in Edinburgh. Founded in 2011, Truststream is staffed by cyber security professionals with many years of specialist security experience, much of it gained in the finance and public sectors.
We build long term trusting relationships with our clients that enable tailored security approaches to be implemented.
As a Graduate Apprentice based in our Edinburgh office you will be part of our security operations team dealing with a mixture of cyber security related tasks relating to the various service that we provide to our customers.
You will be involved in a variety of different services that we provide for our customers on a through our core services, these are:
• Web security gateways
• Privileged Access Management
• Vulnerability scanning
• Threat detection and response
• Web application security
As your skills develop, you will also work with our professional services team gaining access to experienced Cyber Security consultants.
Alongside the university teaching, there will be opportunities for training offered during your Apprenticeship. These will be internal, through working with other members of the team, and vendor-led web-based courses. All of the vendor based training comes with a formal certification if completed.
You’ll be provided with a workplace mentor, who will work closely with you to answer any questions you have. However, our whole team will be happy to help and support wherever they can.
Your role will be varied, and offers a great opportunity for candidates looking to build a successful and rewarding career in the Cyber Security arena.
You will study on a 4-year degree programme towards a BSc (Hons) Cyber Security at Edinburgh Napier University. Initially you will complete 1 day per week at University and 4 days per week of workplace learning. What you do in work will also count towards your degree, where you will gain vital industry experience in the following areas:
- Security Technologies – Multiple Vendors, gaining valuable hands-on experience and professional certification
- Operation Security Processes – Gain experience of working within an operational security team and understanding the associated processes
- Business – Including business communications and working with different stakeholders throughout the company
- Interpersonal skills – Interacting with colleagues, offering recommendations for technical decision making, preparing reports for management
- Project management – Dealing with multiple tasks and projects.
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
A minimum of four SQA Highers at Grade B (or equivalent) including Computing or Maths plus Nat 5 English at C. Nat 5 Maths at C is also required if not taken at Higher unless you can show strong technical ability through work experience or extra-curricular activities.
A Foundation Apprenticeship in a related discipline plus suitable academic qualification similar to the above.
A Modern Apprenticeship in a related discipline .
The below qualities are also required:
- Basic knowledge and keen interest in Cyber Security
- Showing creativity and interest in coming up with new ideas and solutions
- A passion for learning and keeping up to date with the latest technology and design concepts.