As an apprentice fabricator/welder you will be involved in all aspects of fabrication and welding, and you will be responsible for ensuring processes are followed under the supervision of the workshop supervisor and Manufacturing Manager.
This position is a four-year modern apprenticeship leading to become a qualified Welder/Fabricator.
The successful candidates will work closely alongside the Welding/ Fabrication manufacturing components for various industries.
On successful completion of apprenticeship candidates will be reviewed with the intention of offering a full time contract as a Fabricator / Welder.
Had Fab is an equal opportunities employer in all respects.
During your apprenticeship you will:
• Learn a variety of fabrication skills and techniques. Enabling you to carry out fabrication work following high standards and specifications.
• Learn the principles of various welding disciplines and be trained to carry out welding operations to a high standard.
• Be taught how to read and interpret engineering drawings and use them to fabricate and weld various components.
• Be trained how to use a wide variety of equipment and machinery safely and competently.
Through Edeta (Training Provider), you will attend Edinburgh College (Midlothian) and Had Fab (East Lothian) and will need to ensure that you can commute to work and college
4 years total
1st year – 2 days a week at college / 3 days at Had Fab
2nd year - 2 days a week at college /3 days at Had Fab beginning L3 qualification in the workplace through to year 4
3rd & 4th year – in the workplace to complete SVQ in Fab / Weld
Apprentices may move forward to become our future managers and engineers therefore those to which it is suited may move on to complete HND/ Degree level status subject to gaining an HNC.
• Enthusiasm for engineering and a determination to learn.
• Self starter and motivated person.
• Ability to get on with colleagues and customers
• Commitment to upholding high health and safety standards
• Responsibility, reliability and dedication.
• Hold a minimum of 3 National 5’s (or Equivalent) or above such as
Maths/English/ Science or Tech Studies and/or a relevant NC
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to use your own
initiative and a strong drive to succeed are all essential.