The Mitre Bar - Edinburgh
You need to apply for this vacancy directly on the employer's site.Apply on company site
As an apprentice Chef, we will help you master our menu, with your food being the reason guests keep coming through our doors! You’ll thrive off the hustle and bustle of a fast-paced kitchen, with the support of a close-knit team, because it’s the people that make it all worthwhile.
- Be a champion of brand standards
- Keep your kitchen clean
- Prepare everything that is needed before a busy shift
- Cook to spec and work with recipes
- You don’t need any experience as we can teach you everything! If you are willing to learn and be proud to work with us, we can show you exactly what it takes to become a vital team member in any kitchen.
You’ll take on a full-time role in the kitchen under the supervision of passionate chefs alongside your training. Not only do you gain a Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship, you will be able to support the running of our kitchens, creating some amazing moments making sure that quality never slips for our guests!
What your apprenticeship includes:
- A mixture of face to face and skype/phone catch ups every 4 - 6 weeks
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
- Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
- 30 hours paid work every week
BENEFITS FOR M&B STAFF:
- Love eating out? You'll love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands. Whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery, we’ve got you covered.
- Never a dull moment - fun, laughs and lifelong friends!
- Funded qualification up to degree level
- Charity is important to us. From the company charities to the one which is close to your heart; you can choose how to give something back.
- Enjoy a 33% discount off a cosy stay at our Inn Keepers Lodges.
- On top of all this, we offer a pension; 28 days paid holiday; high-street shopping discounts; and we even give you free shares!
Wage will be:
16-20 years old - £7.49 an hour
21-22 years old - £10.18 an hour
23+ years old - £10.42 an hour
At Mitchells and Butlers you will be working towards a Production Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
No qualifications required!
It takes a mixture of ingredients to make the perfect dish, and our teams are no different. You’ll... ·
• Have a passion for hospitality (if you know, you know!)
• Have a great eye for detail
• Be super organised
• Be a team player
We know hospitality can be hard work, but its super rewarding. As a team at Nicholson’s, we always pull together with smiles on our faces. We know it’s a cliché, but it really is the people that make it so worthwhile. When you join us, you become part of our work family, all 47,000 of us up and down the country.