The successful candidate will have joint responsibility for the safe, efficient, and secure running of the Glasgow site. This role reports into the Business Manager for Scotland and will be based at our facility at Glasgow Airport.
Will assist in the day-to-day handling of facilities including but not limited to:
• Ensure serviceability of all facilities vital systems.
• Maintain required records in relation to all statutory checks and
inspection to ensure compliance throughout
• Co-ordinate and assist the completion of all weekly, monthly,
quarterly, bi-annual and annual facilities check
• Issuing of permits and understanding and maintaining a record of
contractor submitted RAMS for planned works.
• Administer company ID pass security system and formal inductions for
contractors and new starts.
• Ensure compliance with AGS Airports Aviation Security protocols.
• Liaise with Scottish Ambulance Service Safety Officer on matters
relating to Health & Safety.
• Attend routine or other formal meetings representing employees
Health & Safety concerns.
• Provide/facilitate security escorting of contractors as required.
• All other duties as reasonably requested by line management.
• Working closely within a tight knit team.
Facilities Management key skills learned include.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to manage budgets, procurement of supplies and assisting with
contract management and reviews.
• Management of vital building systems such as access control, CCTV,
water hygiene, energy efficiency systems to ensure company’s goal of
sustainability, Control of Contractors Process and Microsoft Office
• Time management is a vital asset developed within the role and
proactiveness to problem solving.
• Effective customer service and delivery of quality of service.
• Maintaining and reviewing of policies and procedures, building plans
and other Health and Safety documents
• Document control and compliance with GDPR
• Continued training and support via in house various training modules
relevant to the role.
You will work towards meeting standards as per Modern Apprentice Qualification Facilities Services at SCQF Level 5
• Excellent communication skills with a range of audiences, including
• A passion for service delivery with knowledge of working in a highly
• An efficient and organised personality, comfortable with co-ordinating
and allocating tasks a variety of structural levels.
• Self-motivated and willing to learn and self-develop.
• Experience of working in an aviation environment is desirable.
• Good IT skills and basic knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to exercise time management to fulfil the role as directed.