An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Milling and Turning Operator Apprentice to join one of the UK’s most successful Precision Engineering Manufacturers based on the .outskirts of Edinburgh
We supply high end components to a wide range of markets including, Defence, Automotive, Industrial, Electronics, Oil&Gas , and Medical Industries.
Our apprenticeship programme will see you turn your interest in engineering into valuable skills, experience and qualifications and give you everything you need to build a successful career with us. This is your chance to earn while you learn and at the same time contribute to our outstanding work supporting many of our highly important and crucial contracts and customers.
You will work in several areas within our Precision Engineering division to develop your practical skills to support, enhance and develop your Apprenticeship.
• Basic assembly and hand tool skills
• Reading and understanding an engineering drawing in full, including all
aspects of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
• CNC programming/machining and related skills
• Latest Cam (Computer Aided Manufacture) software.
• How to measure, cut, machine and finish components according to
specifications, blueprints, or directions.
• How to operate CNC engineering machinery.
• Perform assigned work on assembly lines on mechanical assembly
using a variety of fixing methods and inspection.
• Completion of in-process inspection sheets and route cards.
• You will learn how to deburr and inspect your own work.
• Undertake routine maintenance and safety checks of equipment in
• How to ensure the general tidiness and good housekeeping of
personal and shared workspaces.
• Maintain time and attendance to company standards.
• Observe Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company
procedures college and government legislation.
As a Milling and Turning Operator Apprentice, you’ll attain base manufacturing skills in the form of SVQ Levels 2 & 3 NC in either Manufacturing or Engineering. Over a period of 4 years, this will be a mix of you attending college 2 days per week and working in our Precision Machining Division working closely with our supervisors gaining hands on experience.
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement. 4 Standard Grades (1-3) / National 5 (A-C) or National 4 (or equivalent) – mandatory Mathematics and English. Plus, another 2 subjects preferably Physics or a technological subject (Tech Studies, Craft and Design, Graphic Communication, Computing).