Scotia Wealth Management
Scotia Wealth Management is a small but growing IFA firm based in Leith, who are looking for a trainee receptionist (Full Time) to join their busy office.
Ideally you will have a basic understanding of the financial services industry and have an awareness of investments. Our aim is that you will work with our paraplanners to develop the ability to write reports under the supervision and guidance of our Financial Advisers.
You will cover all aspects of the financial planning and no two days will ever be the same. You will need the ability to react to situations, input data accurately and quickly. We are currently working a mixture of home and office although we will be looking to return to the office in the future. Longer term flexible working arrangements are available with suitable technology to allow home working.
Working in a small team, predominately office based initially.
What might a day in this role look like?
Duties that will be carried out...
• Process incoming and outgoing mail
• Interaction with clients via phone, letter, email, etc
• Interaction with insurance companies and platforms to generate
• Data input into our client's back office system, as well as systems of
insurance companies and other platforms
• Investment Research
• Pension Research
• Carrying out research using various systems
• Progression to writing recommendation reports for review by the
What will I learn?
• SVQ Level 3 in Business and Administration
• Opportunity to undertake professional exams
• Soft Skills (e.g. communication, teamwork, problem solving, etc)
What qualifications/skills are required?
• National 4 and above or equivalent which should include English and
• Positive and enthusiastic outlook
• Age group age 18+
Please note that the salary is dependant on experience and the vacancy may close early if a suitable candidate is found.