What is the Apprentice Transition Plan?
If you're a Modern Apprentice who has been made redundant or unemployed, the Apprentice Transition Plan service can help you find new work or move to further learning.
The Apprentice Transition Plan can:
- support you to complete your qualification, if you are close to completion
- provide an official and quality-assured record of your skills and qualifications to boost applications for jobs or further learning
- help with your CV and preparing for interviews
- help you plan for further learning or employment
How does it work?
The Apprentice Transition Plan is a free one-to-one service. Any Modern Apprentice who has been made redundant or unemployed since April 2020 can benefit, even if you have gone on to find work.
You'll get help to find new opportunities and you’ll work with a learning provider to identify all the skills and experiences you’ve gained.
We often learn skills in an informal way, through learning, our everyday work and experience. These transferable skills can be important when applying for a job as they can demonstrate how you can transfer what you have learned from one situation to another.
Record of Achievement
With help from your learning provider you’ll develop a Record of Achievement, which has a complete record of all the skills and qualifications you have to date.
Your Record of Achievement is like a quality-assured CV and will include:
- a record of all certified learning gained in the apprenticeship
- a Technical skills statement of competence for non-certified learning
- a benchmark statement for your transferable skills
You’ll get guidance and support to help you take the next steps in your career or learning goals, complete with an up to date record of your certificated learning and credentials to give you the best chance of success.
Are you eligible?
You’ll be eligible for the Apprentice Transition Plan service if you're a Modern Apprentice and, since 1 April 2020:
- you have been made redundant as a result of the economic downturn or
- you are unemployed because your employer ceased to trade or was unable to continue employing you due to a lack of work
Visit our area for employers to understand the benefits of the Apprentice Transition Plan to businesses looking to employ an apprentice who has been made redundant or supporting an apprentice being made redundant.
If you’re looking to take on an apprentice who has been made redundant, into any job, the Record of Achievement supports a CV. It contains:
- quality-assured evidence of an apprentice’s training and qualifications
- a complete record of a job applicant’s skills and achievements
A Record of Achievement supports the recruitment process as it helps employers to understand accurately a candidate’s skills and abilities.
Information for Learning Providers
For information on providing the Apprenticeship Transition Plan, please visit our Learning Providers area.