What is the Apprentice Transition Plan?
If you're an apprentice who has been made redundant or unemployed as a result of COVID-19 the Apprentice Transition Plan service can help you find new work or move to further learning.
The service can:
- Offer support to help you complete your qualification, if you are close to completion
- Provide an official and quality assured record of your skills and qualifications to boost applications for jobs or further learning
- Help with your CV and preparing for interviews
- Help you plan for further learning or employment
How does it work?
The Apprentice Transition Plan is a free, one to one service and any apprentice who has been made redundant or unemployed since April 2020 can benefit, even if you have gone on to find work.
As well as getting help to find new opportunities you’ll work with a learning provider to identify all the skills and experiences you’ve gained.
We often learn skills in an informal way, through learning, our everyday work and experience. These transferable skills can be important when applying for a job as they can demonstrate how you can transfer what you have learned from one situation to another.
With help from your learning provider you’ll develop a Record of Achievement, which has a complete record of all the skills and qualifications you have to date.
Your Record of Achievement is like a quality assured CV and will include:
- A record of all certified learning gained in the apprenticeship
- A Technical skills statement of competence for non-certified learning
- A benchmark statement for your transferable skills
You’ll get guidance and support to help you take the next steps in your career or learning goals, complete with an up to date record of your certificated learning and credentials to give you the best chance of success.
Are you eligible?
You’ll be eligible for the Apprentice Transition Plan service if, since 1 April 2020:
- you have been made redundant as a result of the economic downturn; or
- you are unemployed because your employer ceased to trade or was unable to continue employing you due to a lack of work.
Visit our area for employers to understand the benefits of the Apprentice Transition Plan to businesses looking to employ an apprentice who has been made redundant or supporting an apprentice being made redundant.
If you’re looking to take on an apprentice who has been made redundant, into any job, the Record of Achievement is quality-assured and supports a CV:
- Quality assured evidence of an apprentice’s training and qualifications
- A complete record of a job applicant’s skills and achievements
- Improves the recruitment process through a more accurate understanding of a candidate’s skills and abilities
Information for Learning Providers
For information on providing the Apprenticeship Transition Plan visit our Learning Provider area.