2020 Awards Entry Rules
Entries for the awards must be fully compliant with the entry rules. Please ensure you read these carefully.
- Entries will only be accepted for Apprenticeships taking place in Scotland that are funded by Skills Development Scotland.
- Organisations are eligible to enter as many categories as they wish.
- Skills Development Scotland will separately seek consent from the individual nominees regarding the collection and use of data relating to photography, filming and media.
- Any conflict of interests must be declared on the online entry form.
- Entries will only be accepted via the online system.
- No entry fee will be charged for entering.
- The Foundation Apprentice of the Year, Modern Apprentice of the Year and Graduate Apprentice of the Year categories are not open to past entrants.
- Foundation Apprentice of the Year and Modern Apprentice of the Year categories are open to apprentices who have completed or are due to complete their apprenticeship by 31 December 2020 or who were certificated no earlier than 1 October 2019.
- The Graduate Apprentice of the Year category is only open to apprentices who were registered on their course by 30 September 2019 and who are currently employed and working towards their Graduate Apprenticeship qualification, or who have successfully completed their Graduate Apprenticeship.
- Current Graduate Apprentices should be fully registered with a College or University delivery partner and with Skills Development Scotland.
- Current Graduate Apprentices should be fully up to date with all university or college academic study and be on track to gain their qualification (the University or College Academic Mentor or Employer Workplace Mentor should have no concerns regarding an individual's progress).
- All Apprentices must be employed in a role that links directly to the Apprenticeship framework achieved and not self-employed.
- The Apprentice Ambassador of the Year category is only open to individuals who have completed their apprenticeship and who were certificated before 1 October 2019 (meaning you cannot enter an individual into both Apprentice of the Year and Apprentice Ambassador of the Year categories)
- The closing date for receipt of all completed applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 25th November 2020.
- Entries cannot be amended after the closing date for applications has passed.
- Any nominations entered in an incorrect level or category will be automatically disqualified.
- SDS reserves the right to withdraw candidates who are no longer with their employers at the time of the Awards.
- All Finalists and their employers must be available between 11 January 2021 and 19 February 2021 for filming and/or photography. Any activity will take full account of current social distancing measures and COVID-19 guidelines.
- A validation of the entry will also be undertaken during this period.
- Winners will be announced during Scottish Apprenticeship Week in March 2021.
- The Judge’s decision will be final, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding the selection of finalists and winners.
Please note the data you are submitting with your entry will be held securely by Skills Development Scotland (SDS) for 12 months. The data will be used to enable SDS and Starkevents to contact you and your nominee in the lead up to the 2020 Awards with key events-related information. We are always interested in following our apprentices next steps after the awards, and SDS may make contact with apprentices for this purpose and to highlight any opportunities to join future apprenticeship events or activities. All apprentice nominees will also be invited to join Scotland’s Apprentice Network.
SDS collects your National Insurance number in order to accurately ensure that you are carrying out an apprenticeship funded by SDS. Once we have completed this check, we will delete this specific collection of your NI number.
The data you are submitting will be used solely for these purposes, and only within the stated 12-month timeframe. If you wish to withdraw the consent you provided for the use of your image and likeness, please get in touch with the SDS Data Protection Team at DPO@sds.co.uk so that we can securely destroy your data 14 days after the winners are announced.
In the event of any potential conflict of interest, clarification should be sought in advance of submitting the entry. In the first instance, please contact email@example.com.