Join hundreds of apprentices from across the country at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre (EICC) to celebrate the benefits of working, learning and earning.
Scotland’s Apprentice Convention on Thursday 8 November aims to create a sense of pride and community among apprentices whilst directly supporting their ongoing development as professionals.
The Convention – by apprentices, for apprentices – is being delivered by Skills Development Scotland and supports Scotland's Year of Young People. It will bring together apprentices from across the country, reflecting the range of apprenticeships now available in Scotland, including digital, financial services, engineering and health and social care.
What’s happening on the day?
10:00 Registration and Exhibition Marketplace
11:00 Pentland Auditorium Morning Show
• Apprentices of Scotland – Jennifer Reoch, STV
• The Future of Work – James Russell, Skills Development Scotland
• Investing in Skills – Kate Forbes MSP, Minister for Public Finance & Digital Economy
• Engineering my Future – Suzanne Birney, Apprentice of the Year 2014, Doosan Babcock
• Inspiring the Next Generation – The Apprentice Panel
13:00 3 x Workshops:
• Confidence and Mindfulness with Alice Beveridge, Tree of Knowledge
• Building Your Personal Brand with Craig McGill, Digital Engagement Expert
• Teamworking, Communication and Networking with Dare2Lead
15:00 Pentland Auditorium Afternoon Show
• Create. Inspire. Grow. – John Loughton, CEO and Social Entrepreneur
• Celebrating ScotAppCon – Julia Speirs, Modern Apprentice in Digital Marketing, Microsoft
15:30 Event Close